Saturday, March 12, 2011

Silly stuff

So I was telling my buddy Kendra about some of the funnier pictures that I took while on my trip and she suggested that I should post them here. I though, what a good idea to share with those who have my bizarre sense of humor. This first photo is what it looks like when you jam 4 people into a tuk tuk.


Next is a very typical Ethiopian bus. As many decals as you can put on is the standard. My favourite part of this one is the sheep skin covers on the side view mirrors. He also had sheepskin on his front dash


This is my new friend Maria and I taking a funny photo to make the kids sitting next to us laugh. They really didn't even laugh, just looked horrified at how bizarre the white girls could be


This is a photo from my white water rafting trip in Uganda on the Nile river. Where am I you might ask? See the guy in the plad shirt who appears to be standing on the water? The yellow under his foot is my head


A size comparison: my foot vs elephant poo. Nuff said


I woke up one morning to find an entire group of 30ish monkeys playing on the playground equipment. Needless to say I sat down and watched while giggling uncontrollably


The photo is funny, maybe not the bigger picture though. Slogans like these are printed all over the government run schools in Uganda to hopefully help curb the spread of HIV/AIDS.


Our guide book said that the most notable thing about our hotel in Stone Town was that it had a steep staircase. Wow, they weren't kidding. The thought of climbing them at the end of each night curbed my alcohol consumption completely


Finally, a view from the door into the squat toilet we were using in Ethiopia at the build site. There is a bag of shavings in the corner to throw down to cut smells. It looks wet, but the locals regularly throw chicken guts and other great things down the hole and its pretty much always wet. You should see the squat toilets in fancy places like airports! Porcelain with foot grip marks andthey flush. Ever tried to pee in a 6" hole?

2 comments:

  1. ahahaha!! LOVE IT!
    and good to have you back jessy !
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    I am headed to Africa this fall on a overland tour for two months ( just have to take the pluge and book it), and would luv to ask a bunch of questions and hear your tips, I coulnd find your email, so here is mine
    croppingdiva@gmail.com
    I am friend of Kendra's
    thanks
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete